Online Rental Application
Please note: All information MUST be completed before the request will be processed.
The Tybee Post Theater Rental Procedures
1. AVAILABILITY – The Tybee Post Theater calendar operates annually from Jan. 1 to Dec. 31. Some dates will not be available due to the Post’s performance calendar.
2. INQUIRY – After a company or individual has established a target date for their event, please contact the Post’s executive director, Melissa Turner, at 912-472-4790 regarding availability of specific dates on The Post’s master calendar.
3. APPLICATION SUBMISSION – The organization must submit a completed Rental Application Form. Completed forms may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mailed to Tybee Post Theater, P.O. Box 2356, Tybee Island, GA 31328
4. DATE ON HOLD – If space is available on the calendar, a 10-day hold will be placed.
5. APPLICATION REVIEW – Tybee Post Theater management will review the application within 10 business days and either approve or deny the application. The requesting organization will then be notified of the decision and set an appointment for a pre-production meeting.
6. PRE-PRODUCTION/EVENT MEETING – Pre-production meetings or conference calls are necessary to clarify box office charges and define staging costs.
7. CONTRACT AND DEPOSIT – Upon determination of estimated event cost, a Tybee Post Theater Rental Agreement will be issued. Countersigned copies by the renter plus a deposit of 50% of estimated event costs are to be received by the Tybee Post Theater within 10 business days. If contract and deposit are not received during that time, the hold date may be released. Please note that holds and deposits are valid only for the artist/event named on the approved rental application.
8. PAYMENT – Final rental fees and costs for a non-ticketed private event must be paid no later than three business days prior to the event. Final rental fees in a ticketed public event will be deducted from final ticketing settlement, if using the Post Theater’s online box office. The remaining surplus from ticket sales will be remitted by the Post Theater to the renter no later than five business days after the event. The Tybee Post Theater management may request that the user have sufficient amounts on deposit to cover estimated rental and events costs if, in its determination, management believes that the user will not take in sufficient ticket sales revenue to cover estimated remaining rental and events costs.
9. INSURANCE—Renter must provide a certificate of general liability insurance or tenants users liability insurance (TULIP or Special Events) of not less than $1 million, no less than 10 business days before the first date of the event. The Post Theater should be an additional insured on all policies of insurance; applicant and its insurers agree to waive their right of subrogation against the Theater for any general liability, auto liability or workers compensation claims made against applicants policies.
I have read the Tybee Post Theater Rental Procedures and agree to abide by all rules and regulations set forth within them.